When making Fruit Skewers there are several ways to make them and a lot of different skewers you can use to thread the fruit onto...
I will share with you a few of my easy to follow ways to make and present your fruit skewers.
1. Choose the fruit that is available for the Season. Use Organic if you can as this will give a better flavoured fruit for your skewers.
2. Choose Colour selections to suit your theme or as colourful as you like.
3. Select only 5 Fruit to ensure the skewer is not over loaded.
4. You may skewer the fruit onto Bamboo, Metal, Plastic or Themed Skewers. I prefer a plain bamboo for a more natural and rustic look.
5. When Skewering your fruit try to use similar size pieces of fruit or go from large to small on your skewer... some people like to thread the melon etc onto the skewer then cut them all the same size once skewered. Mixing square fruit with Melon Balls or other shaped fruit is a fun way to add depth and interest to your skewers.
6. When presenting your skewers you can use platters, vase/bowls, Watermelon 1/2, Cake Stands, Crates or other interesting objects... let your imagination run wild.
7. Dipping Sauces - when presenting your skewers you may like to accompany them with Organic Chocolate Dipping Sauce, Fruit Coulis, Double Cream or Compote.
8. Garnishing your skewers with fresh herbs, Pomegranate or Trail mix is a great way to enhance your platter.